Sony emails exhibit Margot Robbie might play Barbie, ‘Super Smash Bros’ film …
April 21, 2015 - Super Smash Bros
Last year’s barbarous Sony Pictures hacking suggested lots of secrets about studio troubles, including annoying comments by executives about Angelina Jolie and President Barack Obama.
But 170,000 newly published Sony emails expelled by whistleblower site WikiLeaks exhibit some-more about a studio’s skeleton for arriving projects, including a live-action “Barbie” movie.
The Daily Mail reports Margot Robbie (“The Wolf of Wall Street,” “Focus,” “Suicide Squad”) was picked final year as a frontrunner to play a real-life Barbie in an arriving film formed on a Mattel doll. Sandra Bullock, Amy Schumer and Amy Adams were named as probable actresses to play a blonde beauty’s sidekick.
“She is Barbie come to life – she’d be great,” writer Laurie MacDonald (“Men in Black”) wrote of Robbie to Doug Belgrad, trainer of Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group.
Sony was also apparently deliberation an “Avengers”-style video diversion team-up film formed on “Super Smash Bros.” Metro reports former Sony Pictures trainer Amy Pascal was operative with “Spider-Man” writer Avi Arad in negotiating with Nintendo for a rights to characters like Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda.
Now that a secret’s out, though, there’s a possibility it might not occur — generally now that Netflix is reportedly building a live-action “Legend of Zelda” TV series.
Lady Gaga was in talks to voice Betty Boop in Simon Cowell’s arriving film about a animation idol and minister music, according to some-more leaked emails. Business Insider reports Pascal, Belgrad and Columbia Pictures clamp trainer of prolongation Lauren Abrahams were endangered about a “weirdly sexualized nonetheless childlike (esp with Gaga)” character, though a film has given left to another studio and Gaga is no longer attached.
Casting and a recover date have nonetheless to be announced for a live-action/animated hybrid, that is being compared to “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” (which Boop seemed in).
Other revelations from a WikiLeaks-released Sony emails:
- Rooney Mara “had still been holding out a small bit of hope” in Oct 2014 for a “Girl with a Dragon Tattoo” sequel. The singer reached out to Pascal, observant she’s still removing asked about it 3 years after a initial film underwhelmed during a box office.
- David O. Russell allegedly became so violent on a set of “American Hustle” that Christian Bale had to stop him. “He grabbed one man by a collar, accursed out people regularly in front of others and… abused Amy Adams,” someone warned in box a studio was meditative about operative with him again.
- “Say Anything,” “Jerry Maguire” and “Almost Famous” writer-director Cameron Crowe revealed his top 23 albums of all time. He predictably chose Marvin Gaye, a Beatles, a Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen and Radiohead, though surprisingly left out soundtrack favorite Tom Petty and his ex-wife Nancy Wilson’s rope Heart.
- Crowe also reportedly mocked Bruce Jenner‘s transition in an email to Pascal, who asked if he had anything to uncover from his arriving film “Aloha.” “DOES BRUCE JENNER WANT BOOBS? HELL YES we HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW YOU!!!! (looking during tuesday),” a filmmaker wrote back.
- And Ben Affleck requested that a PBS documentary array “Finding Your Roots” not exhibit he had a slave-owning ancestor. Host Henry Louis Gates told a Associated Press he didn’t bury a “Batman v Superman” actor’s family history, and instead found a some-more engaging forerunner to concentration on.