Nintendo Announces New Details on Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. and More
April 1, 2015 - Super Smash Bros
Nintendo had no fun for Apr Fools’ Day, though a association did dump a large new Nintendo Direct with sum on countless items. Some of a announcements included: The subsequent expansion of amiibo; Lucas from Mother 3 joining Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS; a entrance of a 200cc speed category in Mario Kart 8; a new line of Yoshi amiibo total done of tangible yarn; a home-designing Animal Crossing game; Splatoon rising on May 29; some-more sum about Mario Maker and Yoshi’s Woolly World; and a new diversion in a Fire Emblem. It’s all in a new Nintendo Direct, that we can watch in full below.
Highlights suggested in a video include:
- amiibo Cards: A totally new form of amiibo is entrance this fall! The initial set of amiibo cards will be formed on Animal Crossing characters and will be concordant with the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game. An NFC reader/writer marginal for Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo 2DS – that offers a functionality for scanning amiibo now enclosed in a New Nintendo 3DS XL complement – will also launch a same day as a new Animal Crossing game.
- The Next Waves of Super Smash Bros. Series amiibo: On May 29, a new set of amiibo in the Super Smash Bros. series will launch, featuring Charizard, PAC-MAN, Wario, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Robin, Lucina and Ness. Jul brings Dark Pit and Palutena. And in September, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, Olimar, Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. will join a amiibo family.
- Play Classic Nintendo Games Using amiibo: With amiibo tap: Nintendo’s Greatest Bits, Wii U users can download a giveaway focus from a Nintendo eShop and daub any amiibo to clear game-play highlights from name NES and Super NES games.
- Yarn Yoshi amiibo: A new set of Yoshi amiibo total done of actual yarn will launch after this tumble along with the Yoshi’s Woolly World game. Tapping one of these chronicle amiibo to a Wii U GamePad controller while playing Yoshi’s Woolly World will make another Yoshi seem in a diversion to support a player. The Yarn Yoshi amiibo will be accessible in 3 colors: green, pinkish and light blue.
- Splatoon amiibo: Launching concurrently with Splatoon on May 29 are Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy and Inkling Squid amiibo figures. By drumming one of these amiibo to a GamePad, players can accept special missions to clear weapons and gear.
- More Mii Racing Suits!: On Apr 23, a new giveaway downloadable program refurbish to Mario Kart 8 will supplement support for 9 some-more amiibo figures, including Mega Man, Sonic and PAC-MAN. Players can daub these amiibo to outfit their Mii characters in Mii Racing Suits themed to those amiibo characters.
- Mario Maker: The Mario Maker game launches exclusively for a Wii U console in Sep and simply lets users emanate their possess Mario levels and share them online with people all over a world! Various activities associated to a 30th Anniversary of a Super Mario Bros. game are also designed around a year.
- Splatoon: In further to formerly minute single-player and online “Turf War” modes, movement shooter Splatoon will underline a rarely rival “Ranked Battle” mode, that ranks and matches players formed on their wins in 4-on-4 multiplayer matches. The super-fun and super-colorful diversion will also underline a “Battle Dojo.” In this mode, players can suffer internal 1-on-1 battles with friends. One actor plays on a GamePad controller, while a other plays on a TV regulating a apart controller, competing to see who can cocktail a many balloons. Splatoon will launch exclusively for Wii U on May 29.
- 200cc? 200cc!: Yes, that’s right: For a initial time in the Mario Kart series, a 200cc racing category is entrance to Mario Kart 8. Even faster than 150cc, a new high-speed category will work on all marks in a diversion and creates braking an critical pushing skill. The new 200cc category will be offering as a giveaway downloadable refurbish on Apr 23 alongside a new paid DLC Pack 2 featuring 3 new characters, 4 new vehicles and 8 new tracks.
- Nintendo 64 and Nintendo DS Games Hit a Virtual Console Service: Starting today, classical Nintendo 64 and Nintendo DS games are entrance to a Virtual Console on Wii U. Today brings Yoshi’s Island DS for Nintendo DS and Super Mario 64 for Nintendo 64. While personification Nintendo DS games, a TV and GamePad multiple will yield several options for dual-screen layouts, while all Nintendo 64 games that upheld a Rumble Pack will continue rumbling divided on Wii U controllers. Upcoming Virtual Console releases include WarioWare: Touched!for Nintendo DS on Apr 9 and Donkey Kong 64 for Nintendo 64 on Apr 16.
- Yoshi’s Woolly World: The lovingly crafted new Wii U diversion launches this tumble and overflows with countless hurdles and dark secrets. In further to a severe Classic Mode, Yoshi’s Woolly World adds “Mellow Mode,” an additional mode that lets players of all ability levels play as “Winged Yoshi.”
- Shin Megami Tensei Fire Emblem Crossover Project: The role-playing masters during ATLUS are building a truly complicated RPG, where bland life exists alongside a tip universe of anticipation that includes characters from the Fire Emblem series.
- New Fatal Frame Game Coming to a U.S.: Fans that have been clamoring for a possibility to play a latest diversion in a creepy Fatal Frameseries will have their possibility when it launches after this year for Wii U.
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer: This new diversion in the Animal Crossing series focuses on a decorating and home-designing aspects of the Animal Crossing games. Animals will ask players to pattern houses for them, and it’s adult to designers-in-the-making to accommodate a animals’ requests by furnishing and decorating their homes. By drumming a new Animal Crossing series amiibo label to a New Nintendo 3DS XL complement or NFC reader/writer accessory, players can pattern a room for that specific impression on a label and indicate additional impression cards to entice those characters to visit. Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer will launch this fall.
- BOXBOY!: From a platforming masters during HAL Laboratory, Inc., creators of the Kirby series, comes BOXBOY! The black-and-white charmer tasks players with creating, casting and hooking blocks to navigate some-more than 150 severe stages. BOXBOY! launches exclusively in a Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS tomorrow, Apr 2.
- A New Fire Emblem Game: For a initial time in a series, a categorical playable impression is not usually a customizable avatar, though also a categorical favourite or heroine of a game. Players contingency select to take one of dual vital paths, ensuing in dual opposite experiences: a “Hoshido” side for a some-more normal experience, or a “Nohr” side, that creates a story some-more formidable and a problem turn some-more challenging. The new Fire Emblemgame will launch for a Nintendo 3DS family of systems in 2016.
- Puzzle Dragons Z + Puzzle Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition: Players get dual gigantic, singular puzzle/RPG adventures when Puzzle Dragons Z + Puzzle Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition launches on May 22. The two-in-one diversion can be pre-ordered starting currently at PuzzleandDragons.Nintendo.com. For players who can’t wait until May 22 to play, a giveaway demo for Puzzle Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition will be accessible in a Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on Apr 30.
- Pokémon Rumble World: The latest action-packed tour in the Pokémon Rumble series is giveaway to download (with paid content) and facilities some-more than 700 Pokémon, all a approach from a original Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue games to a recent Pokémon Omega Rubyand Pokémon Alpha Sapphire games. Square off opposite tons of these Toy Pokémon when Pokémon Rumble World launches exclusively in a Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS on Apr 8.
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.: An arriving program refurbish to Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. will supplement a fast-forward underline to drastically speed adult rivalry turns. In addition, a new online Public Tournament in respect of playable impression Tom Sawyer called “Hijinks” launches currently and runs until Apr 5.
- New StreetPass Games: On Apr 16, dual new StreetPass Mii Plaza games launch for $4.99 each, or $7.99 if purchased together. In Ultimate Angler, players revisit a “StreetPass Islands” to try to locate some-more than 150 forms of fish and mythological monsters with attract perceived from Mii characters around StreetPass. In Battleground Z, players accept equipment formed on a hobbies of their Mii Plaza StreetPass characters to better a society of zombies. A new paid use will also launch alongside these new games called “StreetPass Mii Plaza Premium,” adding facilities like “StreetPass Birthdays” and a new Mii impression VIP Room for $4.99.
- Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains: Based on a renouned manga and anime, the Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains game facilities four-player internal and online commune diversion play and leaderboards as players take on a purpose of their favorite impression to urge amiability from a hulk Titans. In addition, a initial dual episodes of a strike anime array are now accessible to tide for giveaway in a Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains from ATLUS will launch exclusively in a Nintendo eShop for a Nintendo 3DS family of systems in May.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D: A new trailer hones in on some of a mysteries of this epic role-playing game, a initial diversion grown exclusively for a New Nintendo 3DS XL system. The diversion launches on Apr 10.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- New (DLC) Challengers Approaching!: As formerly announced, Mewtwo will join a register of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS as a downloadable impression on Apr 28. For $4.99, players accept Mewtwo for both versions of a game. Club Nintendo members who have purchased and purebred both versions of a diversion will accept a giveaway download formula for Mewtwo on Apr 15. In addition, fan-favorite impression Lucas from Mother 3 is fasten a all-star Super Smash Bros. cast in June. After a diversion refurbish on Apr 15, Super Smash Bros.players can also squeeze some-more costumes for their Mii fighters, including ones desirous by Mega Man X and Proto Man from Capcom’s Mega Man series.
- Choose Your Own Super Smash Bros. Fighter: Starting today, Super Smash Bros. fans can visit SmashBros.com to attend in a “Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot.” Fans can use this list to opinion for that impression they would like to see combined to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U as a playable character.
- Adventures of Pip from Tic Toc Games: When this pixel nonplus platformer launches this May in a Nintendo eShop on Wii U, players can use a GamePad exclusively to entrance register and fast transport by a game’s world.
- Mutant Mudds Super Challenge from Renegade Kid: People who squeeze a Nintendo 3DS chronicle of this dear murky platforming supplement will accept a Wii U chronicle for giveaway (and clamp versa!). Anyone that owns a original Mutant Mudds game will also accept a faithfulness bonus when buying Mutant Mudds Super Challenge. The diversion launches exclusively in a Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS this June.
- Don’t Starve: Giant Edition from Klei Entertainment: This acclaimed presence indie will launch this May with disdainful Wii U GamePad functionality and a special graduation – anyone that purchases a Wii U diversion will accept a giveaway download formula for a diversion that he or she can give to a friend!
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch from Young Horses, Inc.: Experience Octodad’s rootless tour with family and friends in commune mode, with dual to 4 players determining opposite tentacles. Octodad: Dadliest Catch flops his approach into a Nintendo eShop on Wii U this summer.